Live-In Help

A sitter can be needed round-the-clock for a frail senior. “Live-in help” refers to a sitter (one person) who lives full-time with an older person. Most often, agencies (see Home Health Care and Personal Support Services Agencies) provide 24-hour care and refers to people who work in shifts.

Not all agencies use the same terminology used here. Know what kind of care you want and ask specific questions when seeking round-the-clock sitters. This service is not covered by Medicare, Medicaid, TennCare, or private insurance.

Some long-term care insurance will cover patients who have a medical diagnosis that requires live-in help.