Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
- RSVP Enrollment Form: complete the form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newsletter signup: for volunteer opportunities
RSVP engages individuals age 55 years and older in service to the community. This AmeriCorps Seniors program pairs hundreds of volunteers with organizations that see service as a solution to local community challenges.
Please contact us to find the perfect volunteer opportunity for you!
Complete our volunteer application, save it, and email to email@example.com:
- If you are 55 years or older, click here to download the RSVP enrollment form.
- If you are 54 years or under, click here to download our general volunteer application.
View the current list of all volunteer opportunities click here
Sign up for our Volunteer Opportunity Newsletter click here
RSVP recognizes and promotes the wisdom and experience of seniors and senior volunteer efforts. We support and match senior volunteers 55 and older who want to make a difference by helping a neighbor in need. Our list of volunteer opportunities are always growing!
Under 55 years old? No matter what age you are we can help you find the perfect volunteer opportunity based on your interests and availability.
If you live in Blount County, learn more about RSVP opportunities through our Volunteer Station located at the Blount County Community Action Agency’s Office on Aging. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 865-317-4747.
Through our 20+ non-profit partners, our RSVP volunteers serve our community through:
- Assisting a senior with their errands. Drive an agency-owned vehicle.
- Provide weekly companionship to a lonely and home-bound senior through in-person visitation or phone calls
- Minor home repair and yard work for a senior
- Provide senior pet assistance through vet and grooming appointment transportation
- Special event volunteer assistance
- Senior recreation center support
- Corporate and volunteer group opportunities
- Donation or Material drive organizing for local needs
- No minimum hours. Make your own schedule. Volunteer as much or as little as you like
- Consistent and reliable support throughout your volunteer service including technological assistance and human support services
- You become a part of a national senior effort to help with local needs. Meet like-minded volunteers that love our community!
- Liability Insurance. You get excess Auto and Personal Liability Insurance, offering coverage in addition to your personal policies, while you are on the volunteer job.
- Invitation to the Annual RSVP recognition events
- Access to community and special events at reduced rates or no charge
The RSVP has been administered by the Knoxville-Knox County CAC Office on Aging since 1982. Funding comes from the Corporation for National and Community Service (AmeriCorps), as well as from Knoxville and Knox County. Community donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by the IRS.