Knox PAWS (Placing Animals With Seniors) and Feed-A-Pet
What your donation provides:
- $75 covers one year of heartworm prevention for one pet
- $130 covers grooming for one pet four times a year
- $150 covers the annual vaccinations and exam for one pet
- $200 feeds one pet for one year
- $500 provides dental prophylaxis and extractions
- $1,000 covers emergency veterinary care (average cost)
Knox PAWS (Placing Animals With Seniors) matches eligible seniors with adoptable pets. Research indicates that pets improve seniors’ physical, emotional, and mental health. The Knox PAWS program works with area animal shelters to match senior pets with older adults.
Office on Aging’s staff match income-eligible seniors with adoptable older pets. Program participants must be 60 years of age or older, residents of Knox County, income-eligible, and live independently in a pet-friendly environment. Pets adopted by Knox PAWS participants are provided with continued veterinary exams, vaccinations, heartworm/flea prevention and other pet supplies or services as needed.
The Feed-A-Pet program is for seniors that already own pets, but struggle to buy food. The program is a partnership between the Office on Aging and The University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine.
PET FOOD DROP-OFF LOCATIONS:
- CAC Ross Building: 2247 Western Avenue 37921
- Asheville Highway Animal Hospital: 4516 Asheville Hwy
- Forest Park Animal Clinic: 4600 Chambliss Ave, Knoxville, TN 37919
- Dogwood Animal Clinic: 5900 Chapman Hwy 37920
Donate by visiting our Amazon Wish List.
Donate by visiting our Chewy Wish List.