Government Information

3-1-1, Knoxville’s Phone Number

Touch-tone phone: 311
Alternate phone: 215-4311

For information about city services, to request services and for information about city events. Mon.-Fri., 7 am-5 pm.

Congressman Tim Burchett’s Local Office: 523-3772

800 Market Street, Suite 110, 37902
Information on federal legislation or government benefits.

Knox County Commission Office: 215-2534

City County Building
400 Main Street, Suite 603, 37902
Provides online and paper versions of directory of local elected officials. Call to request paper copy.

Knox County Election Commission: 215-2480

Knox County Courthouse
300 Main Street, Rm. 229, 37902
A person with a disability who is unable to get to polls may send the Election Commission personal and doctor’s statements of disability and be put on permanent absentee list to receive and return ballot by mail. Notarization no longer required. Persons age 60+ may request absentee ballot by mail for each election. Requests must include voter’s name, address, birthdate, Social Security number, and an original signature. Early voting begins 20 days before an election; call for information.

Knox County Constituent Services: 215-4357

Community Outreach
Offers information about county government to Knox County residents. Mon.-Fri., 8 am-4:30 pm.

Knox County Criminal Court: 215-2375

City County Building
400 Main Street, Suite 149, 37902

Knox County Mayor’s Office: 215-2005

City County Building
400 Main Street, Suite 615, 37902

Knox County Register of Deeds: 215-2330

City County Building
400 Main Street, Suite 225, 37902

Knoxville City Council Office: 215-2075

City County Building
400 Main Street, Suite 467, 37902

Knoxville Mayor’s Office: 215-2040

City County Building
400 Main Street, Suite 691, 37902

Senator Bill Hagerty’s Local Office: 545-4253

800 Market Street, Suite 112, 37902
Serves constituents with information on federal legislation, government benefits, federal agencies, and other concerns.

Senator Marsha Blackburn’s Local Office: 540-3781

800 Market Street, Suite 121, 37902
Serves constituents with information about federal agencies.

Social Security Administration

Local: 1-866-331-9091
National: 1-800-772-1213
TTY (for deaf only): 1-800-325-0778

9031 Cross Park Dr., 37923
Apply for Supplemental Security Income (SSI), disability, and survivors’ and retirement benefits, based on eligibility determination. If appointment at local office is necessary, schedule by calling local number, Mon.-Tue. and Thu.-Fri., 9 am-4 pm., and Wed., 9 am-12 pm. Help at national number is available Mon.-Fri., 7 am-7 pm. First few days of month are busiest time.

Tennessee General Assembly 1-800-449-8366
Tennessee Governor’s Office 1-615-741-2001

First Floor, Governor’s Office, State Capitol Building
600 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., Nashville, 37243-0001
Serves citizens who have questions or issues involving all state departments (such as TennCare, legislation, veterans affairs, retired state employees).