Internal Revenue Service: 1-800-829-1040

TTY (for deaf only): 1-800-829-4059

Telephone tax assistance.  |  Website »

Property Tax Freeze: 215-8554

Trustee’s Office
1028 Old Cedar Bluff Road, 37923
For income-eligible property owners age 65+ who pay Knox County property taxes, the program freezes property tax amounts. Must reapply every year.

Property Tax Relief

City residents: 215-2084

City Tax Office, 400 Main Street, Suite 445

County residents: 215-8554

City-County Building, Suite 418, 37902
Trustee’s Office, 1028 Old Cedar Bluff Road, 37923
Low-income homeowners age 65+ or medically disabled, and eligible disabled veterans, get partial rebate on property taxes. Apply between Oct. 1 and Apr. 5 each year. Your tax invoice outlines program guidelines.  |  Website »

Tax Counseling for the Elderly: 521-5569

Trained AARP volunteers help fill out federal income and Tennessee tax forms at O’Connor Senior Center and other sites. Number listed belongs to United Way and is on loan to Tax Aid from mid-January to April 15. Call for location/hours of sites and for appointment (required for some sites).  |  Website »

VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance): 1-800-829-1040

TTY (for deaf only): 1-800-829-4059

IRS-trained volunteers provide help. Call for places and times. Bring tax documents and last year’s tax return.  |  Website »